Monday, November 26, 2007

Shanghai or Blade Runner set? You decide...

I made it to Shanghai! Check out the view from my room!

Shanghai at night

Not much exciting stuff from today other than just being here. I hung out in the Beijing hotel room, had a fabulous breakfast in the club lounge (because I was staying in a posh part of the hotel), then went with Qiong and Jia to the airport. We had a great lunch at the airport, but I didn't take a picture, so you get a pic of the snack on the airplane, instead.

Air China snack

The airport and flying and travel to and from took most of the day, so we arrived at the St. Regis hotel in Shanghai in the late evening. This is a five-star hotel and you get personal butler service and everything. Thanks to my company for paying for this!

Check out the gorgeous bathroom sink including a fresh rose and Bvlgari lotion!

St. Regis Shanghai

I'm on one of the two "women's only" floors where they give you nice lotions and fashion magazines. Sort of silly, but also quite cool.

Tomorrow it's literally back to work, with going to the company office 10 minutes away. Qiong and I have discussed ducking out early one day for shopping, but it won't be tomorrow. Not only will I be at the office all day, I'm on the other side of my team meeting. Normally it's 7am (or 8am during daylight savings), but for me it's 8pm tomorrow. Whee!

Okay, off to get some sleep. My nose is a little better, but I'm hoping sleeping in a less dry environment after drinking tons of water and taking decongestant will help.

No comments: